Tuesday, 6 May 2008

Sunsets, sancerre and serenity



Tim, Caroline (a.k.a. Diggy) and I got back from a heavenly weekend in the South of France yesterday. Caroline owns a house down there (inherited from her Mum) and she invited us to join her down there for the first May bank holiday weekend. After a winter of what has seemed like endless cold wet days, it was pure bliss to feel the sun on our skin, wake up every morning to blue skies and go to sleep after having watched beautiful sunsets. We did nothing but eat, drink, read and sleep. Caroline said that her Mum always used to say that being there was 'good for the soul' and by the end of our break I was sure she was right.

Here are some photos...



Heading out to dinner
Lunch in the shade

Watching the sunset

Lunch in a fancy restaurant

The house is surrounded by vines and you can't see another soul for miles and miles. I remember Pascale telling me that she thought the sky was bigger in Canada and I know what she means - we see such a small square of sky in the city. It is amazing to feel that space and light when you are in the country.

No comments: