We spent a few days on the Isle of Skye last weekend. It was the final chapter in Tim's three-month gardening leave and the last weekend before I joined my new school. Our hotel is famous for its food, eighty percent of which is grown within a few miles of the restaurant (or swims in the loch opposite). It was a fantastic place and the staff were unbelievably friendly and welcoming. We felt right at home.
Tim had been in Canada for two weeks on the last leg of his grand tour so it was great to have some 'us' time. We haven't been apart for that long in years and it was strange. But it was also a dress rehearsal for when he leaves the UK in April.
When we weren't eating, we were walking it off. Skye has very changeable weather: one minute you are in glorious sunshine, the next it is pouring with rain and you better struggle into your waterproofs pretty darn quick! Luckily, I have all the kit, accumulated over a number of years. I just love being well prepared.
March is going to be a big month for us - Tim started his new job on Monday, I started at my new school (all-girls, Catholic). We are moving out of our flat in about three weeks and I have to write an 8,000 word dissertation in that time as well. Hopefully I will have some anecdotes to share with you when I start teaching next week. The girls in my new school are extremely lively!
No comments:
Post a Comment