Thursday, 5 May 2011
Opening up
I've been feeling quite grumpy since I got back to the UK. It is a combination of having to leave Tim for four weeks and the prospect of starting back at the not-so-dream-school. But I had a bit of a revelation today. I don't know if that is because I forgot my memory stick at school so couldn't do any planning and therefore had some time for reflection or because I have just done a very uplifting yoga session on Yogaglo. Either way, my realisation is this: I need to recognise that the school and these kids are teaching me about myself. I need to be humble enough to accept that teaching, even if it feels uncomfortable. I have been on the defensive so far, but I think it's time to open up a bit and embrace the experience. Hopefully, it will leave me a more compassionate person, and teacher.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment