We got back from a week in Tokyo on Friday and then had the pleasure of our old neighbours (and BFs) passing through on their way to Thailand for the weekend, so I am a little delayed in uploading a few pictorial highlights of our trip to Japan. We really were lost in translation, but I did have an opportunity to sit in our hotel room in my pants looking at this view.
We were both captivated with Tokyo and the Japanese vibe - it is a subtle, intriguing place that works a slow kind of magic on you. I did a lot of sightseeing on my own, but Tim managed to join me for a touch of sumo wrestling and the tuna auction at the fish market at 5:30am on the morning we left, followed by a fresh sushi breakfast. Very hardcore.
I think it was inevitable, but the little guy didn't win this match. As Tim says, it is all about mass x velocity, or something.
Another action shot - the wrestlers are trying to get a hold of their opponent's silk belt but the protruding stick things that you can see are not allowed to touch the floor. There are four judges that sit around the dohyo (ring) to make sure they stick to the rules.
The fish market
1 comment:
Waow, thanks for the photo documentary! Not sure I'll ever make it there (although my next door neighbour is from there and just got back, small world); so great to see so many different aspects to Tokyo life.
Post a Comment