Wednesday, 20 February 2008

Misty Morning

I woke up this morning and something was different...and I realised on the walk to the train station it is because I have a blog. I am excited and yet also full of trepidation because I have read the brilliant blogs started by my friends and I think I have a lot to live up to. I spent most of the day thinking about what I am going to write - the pressure!

So I am going to start small...and tell you that last night, Jilli-bean, my sisters and I went wedding dress shopping. It was fun all being together but I was not bowled over by the dresses; in fact I thought they were too floaty and mostly pretty boring. That is good because it narrows the field. I was sorry that Jill didn't see the dresses I tried on last weekend because they were pretty fabulous. If you are interested you could check out this link http://www.johanna-hehir.com/wedding-dresses/traditional-a-line-dresses-c-1_2.html?sort=20a&page=2 style JH2210D and JH2204D. I am not sure if I have found 'the one' yet though - apparently everyone in the room is supposed to burst into tears when that happens and we definitely haven't had that yet.

It's been misty all day here and makes me think of what it would have been like in the Victorian era when the whole city was covered in fog and you wouldn't see Jack the Ripper until he was right on top of you.

I go to yoga on Wednesday evenings. Tim has started to come with me recently which is funny because he is seriously unbendy but it is good for him. I went alone tonight because he is suffering from a serious case of 'man flu'. I love yoga because nowhere else do I experience the same stillness of mind. I am one of life's worriers so it is a blessed release not to have thoughts and worries crowding in on me for just a few hours a week.

3 comments:

Pascale said...

"man flu" - hahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

Tee hee - it was such fun too :)

Anonymous said...

OoooOOOOOoooooh. Just checked out the dresses. Both lovely but particularly like 2210