An update on the 'man flu' situation - Tim has actually been quite under the weather the last couple of days but seemed in higher spirits this morning. So we decided to venture out to the National Wedding Show in Kensington Olympia which is a short hop by train from where we live. The highlight of the National Wedding Show, when we finally got there, was the sausage baps and cups of tea that we had for breakfast. My favourite (with lots of ketchup and HP sauce)! But the rest of it was really cheap and nasty and I was not impressed. We left after about an hour and Tim came home and went straight to bed. I think it did him in!
So I spent the afternoon finishing my book (Dissolution by CJ Samson) and watching 'Act 1' of an HBO documentary called 'When the Levees Broke' about Hurricane Katrina. If you can get your hands on it I would highly recommend it - it is difficult viewing in parts, but extremely well filmed and really fascinating.
2 comments:
Mmmm, sausage bap. Oh dear, now I'm hungry. I'm very impressed that Tim went to the wedding show - I would never in a million years have managed to convince Mark to go to something like that. Too bad it was such a bust.
I never went to any shows, just because I never got around to it. In the end, I think all of my wedding ideas came from Martha Stewart Wedding Magazine (I don't like the woman, but boy does she and her team have good ideas!) Can you get that mag in the UK? If not, let me know and I'll send you some copies. I'm pretty sure I kept some from when I was getting married and also from when I thought I might go into event planning...
I'm not sure what sausage bap is - but it sounds awesome :)
Here's to finding less icky wedding planning ideas!
Post a Comment