Thursday, 17 April 2008
Muppet
I am going to go home tonight and post pictures from my trip to Marrakech but while I am still at work I will just share with you what a complete and utter muppet I am. I have been applying for a couple of internal jobs in the last week. One of them is a training role, the other is working to create a generic financial advice (shorthand = GFA) service for the UK - like NHS direct but for finance. Because I applied for both jobs at around the same time I got all muddled up on the application dates and ended up missing the deadline for the GFA role. But I got an interview nonetheless (much to my surprise). And today I had the interview. I had to prepare a short 5-10 minute presentation on 'The Impact of Market Turbulence on Consumers' and I was so busy preparing and rehearsing it this afternoon that I completely missed the start of the interview. I was called at about ten past two asking where I was...and the thing that I really don't understand is that submitting things late/turning up late is SO out of character for me. But I guess my interviewers aren't to know that. I will have to just wait and see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That IS unlike you! You must have been so stressed when they called. Oh hon! Well fingers crossed it won't matter since you'll have blown them away with your wit, talent, brains and style.
Hugs!
Pascy xx
Post a Comment