Monday, 7 April 2008

On Board the Marrakech Express

I am really excited because I am going to Marrakech this weekend with some of my friends from university. I have been before and loved it. I can't wait to get into the souks and do some bargain hunting. We are staying in the Riad Zolah which is owned by one of Sarah's friends and we are getting a really great deal for the weekend.

I am also hoping that the colour and vibrancy of the city will be inspiration for me to start using my new camera and take some excellent photos.

I feel like I haven't written for a while and I haven't posted since my birthday lunch at Chez Bruce. We had a really fun time and it was a fitting way to end my Birthday week. The food is always delicious and the company was exceptional. Here are some photos.

Tim and I - I think this is his first picture on the blog!

My little sister Al and I (Al broke her wrist when she slipped leaving her skiing chalet over Easter)

I spent this weekend in Bath on a hen weekend for my friend Angela who is getting married to Doug in Italy this May. Doug went to St Andrews (but I didn't know him when we were there) and I met both of them at Accenture. They live in Clapham Old Town which is near by and Ang is about the only person I know who has the same attitude to work as I do i.e. she works to live rather than the other way round.

The weekend was good fun and I even stayed up until after 3AM dancing one night, which is very out of character. One of the weekend's activities was a trip to Bath spa to 'take the waters' which, despite being very crowded, was really quite amazing. There is a thermal water pool on the roof of the building so you are bobbing around in the deliciously warm water with a view of the spires and hills around Bath. Quite amazing. I love to imagine what the town was like under the Romans and what they would make of us all now.

1 comment:

AFG said...

waow, marrakech! sounds great. who are you going with? and sorry, sorry, sorry, i have been the worst friend and let your birthday slip by without even a murmur. so to make up for it, FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS! i'll even drag out one of those bottles of tequila (the ones WE liked of course, not the boys' choice) and toast to your 30th year, it looks like it's lining up to be one of your best so far :)