(dweeb?)

Another weekend, another holiday. I promise that is it for a while. This time it was Antwerp with my very classy Dutch friend (
DF). She knows her way round the city and was an excellent guide, taking me to all the best shops :-)
Apart from hanging out with my
DF, the highlight of the trip was the purchase of some new shoes. I don't know why, but even looking at them makes me inordinately happy. I don't have the best toes (they are in actual fact almost as long as fingers) but I don't care. I love my new sandals and will build my whole summer wardrobe around them. Here's a pic.

Back to Antwerp - it is a very pretty city and especially at night. There is something about exploring an unknown city at night. I bored my
DF with the story of Al and I exploring Rome in the dark and stumbling upon the Forum, all lit up. It looked so magical. The next day, crawling with tourists it felt quite different.
Apparently there are some museums in Antwerp although I didn't see any - there were too many bargains to be had. This is the 'Big Church' with some traditional Antwerp houses in the foreground.

My
DF and I
almost went to the gay party on Saturday night but no one in the restaurant we were in knew where it was. Even though nearly every single waiter (apart from the one that my
DF actually asked) was gay. Cue much outrage from the waiter in question and much hilarity from everyone else. We had cocktails in the restaurant bar instead and tried to take photos of ourselves and our
margaritas.


We really weren't that drunk.
1 comment:
you look so beautiful in your purple top! And I love the shoes....tres jolie!xxx
Post a Comment