Things have been pretty quiet on Elle's Belles lately because at the beginning of September we entered 'wedding season' and it has been non-stop ever since. I think I updated you on weddings 1 and 2. Wedding 3 was in Falmouth, Cape Cod and we decided to treat ourselves and make a bit of holiday out of it.
After a week on the 'Cape' we felt like real Cape Codders when we left, even sitting for two hours in traffic queuing up to cross one of two bridges that service the peninsula. I have to say even though we were only there for just over a week it felt like we packed a lot in. We toured Boston for a couple of days, explored the inner and outer Cape and flew to Nantucket (15 mins in a tiny plane!) the scene of our first holiday together. The natural beauty of Cape Cod is something to behold and thank goodness that JFK had the foresight to legislate for it becoming a national park. A highlight was whale spotting about 6 miles west of Provincetown. We saw about 20 humpback whales; they are enigmatic and amazing creatures. I'll post some pictures later on.
After a week on the 'Cape' we felt like real Cape Codders when we left, even sitting for two hours in traffic queuing up to cross one of two bridges that service the peninsula. I have to say even though we were only there for just over a week it felt like we packed a lot in. We toured Boston for a couple of days, explored the inner and outer Cape and flew to Nantucket (15 mins in a tiny plane!) the scene of our first holiday together. The natural beauty of Cape Cod is something to behold and thank goodness that JFK had the foresight to legislate for it becoming a national park. A highlight was whale spotting about 6 miles west of Provincetown. We saw about 20 humpback whales; they are enigmatic and amazing creatures. I'll post some pictures later on.
No comments:
Post a Comment