We were even further north than last year and after lunch in the well-named Summer Isles Hotel on the Summer Isles we went for a walk on this little beach which was bathed in gorgeous sunshine (even though it may not look like it in the photo below!). We were the only ones on the beach until another older couple and their dog joined us. They were regulars in Wester Ross and lamented the closure of the caravan park that used to overlook this spot. I can't say we were too disappointed that it was no longer there.
Day 2 of our trip was the 'serious walking day' with our old friend Colin, the mountain guide/goat. My 'fitness' levels are not what they were, so I fell behind at times but it was OK because Tim bored Colin to tears explaining the origins of the credit crisis and defending the rights of bankers. I was quite glad I didn't have to listen to it. But there's nothing like the thought of a rest, a sandwich and some hot chocolate to get you up the hill...
No comments:
Post a Comment