I take to the stage tomorrow morning at 9:15 - they do say that teaching is like acting after all. I am doing a short starter activity with a year 7 class on verbs, nouns and adjectives. We will be playing lots of games so hopefully they will enjoy it (and learn something!).
Most English teachers hate teaching grammar as they were never taught it themselves at school. I learnt what I know of English grammar through learning other languages, which does seem wrong. As English speakers we should be proud of our language and an understanding of the way it is constructed and the amazing way it has developed and evolved over hundreds of years is a fascinating story that should be told more often. It is certainly something that I have become much more interested in since starting my PGCE - I am even reading The Teacher's Guide to Grammar at the moment, which is a surprisingly good read!
Four of my fellow PGCE students in my school have already taken their place at the front of the class so I feel it is my time to make that rite of passage. I will let you know how I get on.
1 comment:
So, how did it go? Sure you were a big success.
Post a Comment