Sunday, 5 December 2010

Turkeys and Snow Days

We had Thanksgiving at my parent's house last weekend and my sister went a little 'Martha Stewart' on us and created these turkey name places. I think they look cute sitting on the table in the sun.

Its been a hectic couple of weeks but we are nearing the end of term and I can't wait for the Christmas holidays. I passed my first milestone at school on Friday - one of my students gave me a Christmas card which said 'Dear Miss - you are a wonderful teacher'. It made my day!


We have had a lot of snow and 'inclement' weather recently and last Thursday I enjoyed a guilt free snow day - guilt free because school was closed so I didn't even have to attempt to get into work. Admittedly I studied all day (I have an essay due in two weeks) but I did take a break in the afternoon and met my friend for a hot chocolate and a walk on the common. We came across a robin on our walk who really wanted to have his photo taken. He kept jumping into the cutest most Christmassy poses. I snapped him perched in this bush. Adorable.

1 comment:

AFG said...

Lovely picture, thanks for sharing.