It's official: we are moving to Singapore.
During the day, I am excited about the prospect and I can see how and why it is the right move for us. It's a great step in Tim's career; we have wanted to move abroad and now is as good a time as any when we are child and house-less; Singapore is an amazing jumping off point for exploring Asia and we might even make it to Australia and New Zealand; I saw myself teaching in an international environment when I finished my course anyway, so now I will (hopefully) be able to find a job in an international school.
It's a different story at night, normally when Mr G has already fallen asleep beside me. Then the reality of leaving my family hits me and I feel quite melancholy. After a long time living apart, we've had about six years of uninterrupted (apart from a short stint in India) 'togetherness' and I have been very grateful for it. My parents are a short car journey away. I live within a couple of miles of both my sisters and I get to see and speak to them all the time. But perhaps I have been spoilt and I need to get back into the habit of us all living apart. I am sure the time we spend together in future will be all the sweeter for our separation.
No comments:
Post a Comment