I arrived in Singapore on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning first thing the movers arrived. On reflection, it was quite liberating living with only a few belongings in our serviced apartment. Many of the things we unpacked on Saturday could (and should) have stayed in the UK - Tim's winter coats in particular. I am not sure how they crept into the boxes, but just looking at them makes me break out into a sweat. Still, we were both happy to see certain things again: Tim is overjoyed to have the TV back, I loved making our bed after a three-month hiatus. I was also oddly moved to unwrap the wine decanter, a family heirloom that is older than I am. It was like being reunited with an old friend.
This is how things are taking shape in the flat:
Our bedroom - the bed is the only thing in it at the moment
The living/dining area. TV console, new table and chairs delivered on the day of the move! No other furniture as yet.
We are having a temporary sofa and a bed for the spare room delivered today, so I will post some more pics later, once things are looking ship shape. In other news, the Singtel man came early and connected the internet so I am now available for Skype calls. I don't know where I would find the time for a full-time job...
No comments:
Post a Comment