Sunday, 11 December 2011

Moon

Last night, we were lucky enough to see the lunar eclipse.  It was only visible in Asia, Australia and parts of the US.  We saw the moon for the first time on our way home after a lovely evening in a local Japanese restaurant with our good friend Bennos.  There was quite a lot of sake consumed so we were a merry party making our way home when we all stopped to look up at the sky.  I got the camera out as soon as I got home and witnessed nearly the full eclipse - I wasn't in the best spot and I didn't have a tripod, but I think these photos will give you a good idea of what it looked like.  The moon was very red - apparently this is caused by refracted light from the sun.  The next one is in 2014, so I felt lucky to have seen this one!





1 comment:

Alecka said...

WOAH!!! THat's amazing el. Great photos.