I am a morning person. I love the promise of a new day that I feel in the early morning when it is still quiet and fresh. This morning I am up early applying for a new job and I am amazed at how much more efficiently my brain is working!
I feel I have a lot to catch up on as I did not post after we got back from Northern Ireland last weekend, mainly because I was out every night in a social whirl. It was my 30TH BIRTHDAY last Tuesday (25 March, same as Elton John) and I have spent the rest of the week dragging it out. I had drinks on Tuesday night with a small group of friends in a really nice pub behind Bond Street tube. I was touched at who made the effort to come and there was just the right number of people as I felt I could get round to speak to everyone. Tim took me out for a delicious meal on Friday night and today (Sunday) I am having lunch with Tim, Al (my sister), Diggy (one of my oldest friends and one of my bridesmaids) and Gareth (friend from uni). We are going to a local restaurant which Tim and I love. The food is superb and the service is top notch. It is going to be very special an I am really looking forward to it.
My HTB, Timothy, has bought me a super duper camera (with interchangeable lenses) for my birthday which I won't get until end of April (as it has not even been released yet - he has really done his research!) and he also bought us both a cookery course for the end of the year. It was my suggestion as I thought it would be a great investment in our marriage - we both love cooking but sometimes lack the confidence. All in all I was an extremely lucky girl.
But the really big news is that I have found a dress (and indeed bought it!). My Mum, Al and I went back to a shop in Beaconsfield yesterday afternoon (a town outside London) and tried it on and to be honest there is really no contest. Even better, the designer Stewart Parvin was there and because I bought it on the day I am getting it made to measure for free. Honestly, I am so pleased. And even better, the grand total was considerably less than I had been gearing myself up for. If you promise not to tell, here is a sketch that Stewart did of me in the dress.
3 comments:
First of all, Elton John is 30?!
Second of all, cooking courses sound fabulous, but I think you've always been a great cook (risi e bisi anyone?)
Third of all, You bought a dress!! You bought a dress!! So exciting!
Fourth of all, the designer of your dress drew a sketch of you??! How cool is that?! You are so posh.
Fifth of all, your mum was with you - thats great hon! Glad she was there.
waow, great picture, that is a definite privilege.
and i agree with you both, you and pascale, i remember many a great culinary meal being whipped up at that basement flat in st a's. especially goats cheese and pesto bruschetta type things.
A.
I won't try to make a list of comments like Pasc - but I do want to say that - even if the dress looked just like the line drawing, it's prettier than anything I've seen (I bet it'll be even better in fabric!).
Love the Ireland pics too :) Glad you keep posting.
Amber :)
Post a Comment