We've tried to get out and about during the weekends and here are a few photos of Chinatown/Tanjong Pagar taken last Sunday. The old buildings (called shophouses) are lovely and a real contrast to the modern high-rises of the last few decades.
Tuesday, 23 August 2011
August
August has flown by and I have been in Singapore nearly two months. It feels like a lot longer. We have both been very busy in the last couple of weeks - Tim trying to deal with the effects of extremely volatile financial markets and me trying to pass my teaching course. I passed the final hurdle yesterday so I can relax now, and maybe have a little down-time.
We've tried to get out and about during the weekends and here are a few photos of Chinatown/Tanjong Pagar taken last Sunday. The old buildings (called shophouses) are lovely and a real contrast to the modern high-rises of the last few decades.
We also visited another temple in Chinatown, much larger than the ones we saw a couple of weeks ago. The golden Budha was spectacular.

We've tried to get out and about during the weekends and here are a few photos of Chinatown/Tanjong Pagar taken last Sunday. The old buildings (called shophouses) are lovely and a real contrast to the modern high-rises of the last few decades.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How wonderful to see your new life in technicolour. A little more exotic and exciting than Dublin, I feel. I am sorry that I couldn't say goodbye, but am sure we will Skype soon. I have a friend from Dublin moving to Sgp in one month. Perhaps I could put you in contact? lol Ionex
Post a Comment