It's Monday and I was at work today. For the first time in I can't remember how long. I have loved all my free time, but being back at the grindstone felt surprisingly normal. After all, I have worked more Mondays than I have had free Mondays.
What made me giggle today: I asked one class to suggest a signal I could give during group activities to bring them back to me, this is especially useful when they are dispersed outside the classroom. Today I got them to act out the Prologue to Romeo & Juliet. One kid suggested I do the Usain Bolt salute, with the arms. And then another kid suggested that the class could do the MoBot in return. So, at the end of that lesson, mostly just for fun, I did the Usain Bolt arms and I had three rows of MoBots staring back at me. Funny and effective!
If you don't know what I'm on about, you can follow this very long link for a pic of Usain and Mo Farah saluting each other at the Olympics:
http://www.google.com/imgres?num=10&um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1776&bih=855&tbm=isch&tbnid=v-wNkRvnm6EzOM:&imgrefurl=http://www.news.com.au/sport/london-olympics/usain-bolt-celebrates-mobot-style-after-jamaicas-4x100m-olympic-relay-win/story-fndpudxd-1226448469391&docid=K2Q3UJ1STpXO8M&imgurl=http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2012/08/12/1226448/468268-usain-bolt-and-mo-farrah.jpg&w=650&h=366&ei=dO1WUPmMNMrLrQfmp4GQCg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=1053&vpy=149&dur=347&hovh=168&hovw=299&tx=103&ty=61&sig=114083691277517888225&sqi=2&page=1&tbnh=80&tbnw=142&start=0&ndsp=50&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:0,i:90
2 comments:
Haha, cute! What lucky kids to have you as a teacher!
V funny. What age are the kids? And what nationalities? Just curious....
Post a Comment