'A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence ends.' - Henry Adams
My first day coincided with the announcement that The Sunday Times has named King's College the best university in the UK. That was reassuring to hear. But I think I would have been impressed even without knowing that. Everything is slick and modern - they are taking full advantage of the wonders of modern technology. Now, the only time I will need to go to the library is if I want to actually look at a physical copy of a book - how old-fashioned!
As for my course itself, well the good news is that I am not the oldest person in my class, I am the third oldest person...And I have a new friend in the second oldest person who also happens to be a film buff. During one of our breaks yesterday, we went for a cup of tea in the British Film Institute (the Southbank is my new stomping ground) and whiled away a happy hour discussing our favourite films and box sets (I am currently addicted to Mad Men; he is too). Film chats are now considered 'work'!
So, although it was quite strange being back at university again, I am feeling upbeat.
No comments:
Post a Comment