Thursday, 9 September 2010

I'm back...with a tan!


So that's it. My month off has almost come to an end. It's flown by, but I am surprised about how little I have thought about my old work. I thought it would be more of a wrench to leave, but in fact I feel relieved. This is a new chapter in my life and I am ready for it.

We had a fantastic ten days in France at my friend Diggy's house. And I have managed to turn from very white to slightly tan. We just love going to Diggy's house and every time we go we have an even better time than we did on the last time. Because we are so good at finding new and exciting things to do, Diggy has appointed me head of Guest Services, which I am very pleased about. It is my responsibility to make sure that the very small pool of regular visitors benefit from our experience. I have already had fun putting together 'informations' for the house. This time I had a lot more fun putting together an 'activities' folder full of bike rides, pretty villages to visit, with a lot more to come. This obviously required a trip to the stationary department in the local Carrefour - my favourite part!

Anyway, here are a few photos.

Day time
Night time
A pretty village
Rooftops in Gigondas


In other news, I matriculate at King's College tomorrow. On holiday, I started reading some of my coursebooks and felt a mixture of excitement and trepidation. But that's understandable, right? I am going to be learning a whole new way of doing things and hopefully learning a lot about myself in the process. I am looking forward to the challenge.

No comments: