Thursday, 14 April 2011

Get it right!


Not too much excitement to report today. The heat is getting to me so I am back in the apartment trying to rehydrate...and still working on my essay. I have been a little further afield though, and here are some pics of downtown Singapore. I passed the 'Speak Good English' campaign posters, one of which is below, in a cab and got my camera out just in time. They really cracked me up...but the thing is, I don't think anyone is listening!


Otherwise, Tim says he is going to take me to the Marina Bay Sands Hotel at the weekend. It is an extraordinary building, with what looks like a cruise liner perched on the roof (picture below). Tim tells me that there are two infinity pools at the top and I have just done a little research and found out that they are the largest outdoor pools at that height in the world. A-mazing.

p.s. it took us approximately 10 minutes to have our visas processed. Tim was so impressed at the efficiency. I was impressed at how quickly they could fingerprint you...we're on the system now!

1 comment:

AFG said...

A-mazing indeed! I never imagined such a building existed.