Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Out and about

It's a beautiful day here, after a couple of cloudy/rainy days so I ventured out this morning to run a few errands before it got too hot (I am also looking for excuses not to knuckle down and write my dissertation...). I hit the ION shopping mall, which is the glass structure in the distance. Every shop you could ever need can be found here, including a lot of familiar brands that make it feel a bit like home.


And this is what it seems to be all about here: shopping and skyscrapers (and food, but we haven't had any good food yet). The ION shopping mall is in the foreground in the picture below - quite an architectural curiosity. The tall skyscraper in the distance is full of 'condos' which is where estate agents assume you want to live if you are an expat. I couldn't think of anything worse to be honest.

And this is a picture of what Treetops, our current home, looks like in the morning sunshine. I haven't been in the pool yet, but it does look very inviting. The sun is very strong and I am very pale so until I am a little more acquainted with the climate, I think we should stay away from each other.


More pics to follow!

1 comment:

Pascale said...

So exciting! Can't believe you're there already! Am emailing a friend who used to live in Singapore to find out where you should be eating for good food.
Big hugs and hope to talk on skype soon.
Pasc xx