My sis arrived on Monday afternoon and so we have had fun hanging out together, doing very Singaporean things like shopping, eating and getting our nails done. We are off to Vietnam on Monday to scope out venues for a party that she is planning there (for a client). Lucky for me, I am allowed to tag along for the ride. So we are heading into Saigon, which by all accounts is a buzzy, hectic city. They say Singapore is 'Asia for beginners' so it should be more gritty - there may even be a bit of litter on the streets! I will update you on that point, and the trip in general next week.
Last night we headed up to the Marina Bay Sands hotel (the one with the ship on top) for sunset cocktails, followed by a Thai meal in a restaurant called Jim Thompsons. It was very busy at the top of the MBS with lots of people in the infinity pool and people like us, taking in the view. And the view was spectacular. From the south side you could see all the ships out to sea...
And from the north side, you could see the sun setting and people enjoying the infinity pool - the highest in the world as you will remember. (Al: 'So, there is something below them isn't there? They can't just fall off the side?')
The Thai restaurant was a cab ride away, outside the city centre. We had heard from lots of people how good the food was and we weren't disappointed - although Al and I both needed a lie-down afterwards as they were extremely liberal with the Thai bird's eye chillies. Tim, who must have been Indian or Thai in another life, has a very high tolerance for hot food so was unfazed, although I thought I saw him mopping his brow at one point. But that could have just been the heat...
No comments:
Post a Comment